OPEN DATA CHALLENGE:
The Challenge is open to all and will accept entries that meet the following criteria:
- Must be submitted in English.
- On time: Late solutions will not be entertained.
- Complete: No missing documentation or unanswered questions.
- Topical: Solutions must directly relate to challenge goals, funding requirements and utilize credible open data from the Government of Kosovo(KEPA/KHMI/NIPH) and other credible, vetted open data from national and international institutions. Data from sensors and other sources is allowed, but must be contextualized against Government of Kosovo data.
- Size: The Challenge is open to individual applicants, teams of individuals, and organizations of all sizes. We encourage applications from small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and innovators.
- Government Partnership: All solutions must propose a government partner to implement the project.
- Local Presence: All competitors must use Challenge grant funds to implement a solution in Kosovo. This being said, international applications are acceptable as long as applicants either already have a presence in Kosovo or must demonstrate they have a Kosovar partner (supporting partnership documentation is required).
The Challenge particularly encourages proposals from private sector firms, women, and underserved minorities.
All eligible entries will be judged against the following criteria:
- Criterion 1: Use and Analysis of Open Data
- Criterion 2: Actionable Information
- Criterion 3: Accessibility
- Criterion 4: Potential Impact
- Criterion 5: Market Potential
- Criterion 6: Communications and Outreach Strategy
For more detailed information on Judging Criteria, please refer to the Information Package.