The first #DigData Challenge selects 9 finalists
We went back to Kino Armata where we initially launched the first Dig Data Challenge three months ago, announcing and celebrating the first finalists of the challenge. Opened by MFK CEO, Mr Petrit Selimi and MCC Country Director, Mrs Sarah Olmstead, the Award Ceremony continued with an honorary keynote speech by H.E. Atifete Jahjaga, Former President of the Republic of Kosovo. Jahjaga’s speech was followed by Mr James Gerard, MCC Managing Director of the Threshold Program, and Carl Miller, Research Director of the Centre for Analysis of Social Media at DEMOS, as keynote speakers, both delivering content on the importance of open data in transparency and accountability of the government.
The Award Ceremony was concluded by Ms Genta Mahmuti, our Data Governance Specialist who announced the finalists of the first round of the Dig Data Challenge focused on the labour force and education data.
The finalists of the Dig Data Challenge in Data Communication and Outreach Category are:
- Kosovo Data / kosovodata.com
- Give Your Story Numbers and Your Numbers a Story / Gezim Basha
- 7 Days for Women / Chester Production
- Determinants of and Trends in Labor Force Participation of Women in Kosovo / Rrotull
- From Perception (untrue/rumors) Data to Official Data / Urban FM and INC
The finalists of the Dig Data Challenge in Open Data Interventions Category are:
- Girls Power UP / TOKA
- LinkMe Solution / Innovation Centre Kosovo
- The Future Workplace / Open Data Kosovo
- Linkage: Talent Management and Business Community / Business Development Group